Overview of Meropenem Injection:
Meropenem has excellent penetration in abdominal tissues, bile, blister fluid, inflammatory exudate, cerebrospinal fluid (in the presence of inflammation), gynecologic tissues, respiratory tract tissues, and urinary tract tissues.
Meropenem is a broad-spectrum carbapenem antibiotic.
MEROHEAL Injection can be used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Bacterial meningitis in children (US FDA)
- Complicated skin and skin-structure infections in adults and children (US FDA)
- Serious intra-abdominal infections in adults and children. (US FDA)
- Bone, and joint infections
- Serious gastrointestinal infections
- Febrile neutropenia
- Nosocomial pneumonia
- Cystic fibrosis-associated respir
1g MEROHEAL Injection every 8 hours, usually given by intravenous infusion over approximately 15 to 30 minutes, or as directed by Physician.
MEROHEAL Injection contains Meropenem that cause inhibition of cell wall synthesis. Meropenem readily penetrates the cell wall of most Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria to reach penicillin-binding- protein (PBP) targets. It has strongest affinities towards PBPs 2, 3 and 4 of Escherichia coli and Pseudomonas aeruginosa; and PBPs 1, 2 and 4 of Staphylococcus aureus.