Overview of Meropenem + Sulbactam Injection:
MERONIS-S Injection contains Meropenem 1g and Sulbactam 0.5g. Meropenem has excellent penetration in abdominal tissues, bile, blister fluid, inflammatory exudate, cerebrospinal fluid (in the presence of inflammation), gynecologic tissues, respiratory tract tissues, and urinary tract tissues. Sulbactam is given in combination with β-lactam antibiotics to inhibit β-lactamase, an enzyme produced by bacteria that destroys the antibiotics.
MERONIS-S Injection can be used in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Bacterial meningitis in children (US FDA)
- Complicated skin and skin-structure infections in adults and children (US FDA)
- Serious intra-abdominal infections in adults and children. (US FDA)
- Bone, and joint infections
- Serious gastrointestinal infections
- Febrile neutropenia
- Nosocomial pneumonia
- Cystic fibrosis-associated respiratory infections
- Serious urinary tract infections.