Overview of Mecobalamin Tablets:
NISCOBAL-OD Tablets contains Mecobalamin. Mecobalamin is a neurologically active and one of the coenzyme forms of vitamin B12. It is mainly used in the treatment of hyperhomocysteinaemia and peripheral neuropathy. Vitamin B12 is normally involved in several metabolisms such as DNA synthesis and regulation, fatty acid synthesis, and energy production. It is a coenzyme of methionine synthase, which is required for the formation of methionine from homocysteine in the methylation cycle which involves methylation of DNA or proteins. Compared with other analogs, Mecobalamin is the most effective one in being uptaken by subcellular organelles of neurons. Therefore, Mecobalamin may provide better treatments for nervous disorders through effective systemic or local delivery.
NISCOBAL-OD Tablets can be used in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Megaloblastic anemia and vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Peripheral and diabetic neuropathy.
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Beneficial for the symptoms of depression.
- Supports immune system regulation.
- Effective in neurological disorders (numbness, tingling and other symptoms).