OVERVIEW OF OLMEXOL NASAL SPRAY:
Olmexol is a decongestant. It works by narrowing the small blood vessels which provide temporary relief from inflammation (redness and swelling) and discomfort.
Olmexol is an imidazoline derivative with sympathomimetic and nasal decongestant activity. Xylometazoline works by binding to alpha (α)-adrenergic receptors to cause vasoconstriction of nasal blood vessels
Olmexol is used for the treatment of nasal congestion. It treats congestion associated with allergies, hay fever, sinus irritation, and the common cold.
- Olmexol works right away and each dose provides relief for up to 12 hours.
- The right way to use the nasal spray:
- Shake the bottle before using the medicine.
- Clean your nose thoroughly before using the medicine.
- Insert the bottle tip into one nostril and close the other nostril.
- Direct the spray towards the sides of your nostril, away from the cartilage dividing the two sides of your nose.
- Breathe out gently through your mouth and repeat the same process for the other nostril.
A sympathomimetic that directly acts on alpha-adrenergic receptors in arterioles of the nasal mucosa to produce vasoconstriction resulting in decreased blood flow.