(Teicoplanin 400 mg Injection)
TEICOS Injection contains Teicoplanin. It is used in the prophylaxis and treatment of serious infections caused by Gram-positive bacteria, including methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and Enterococcus faecalis.
TEICOS Injections are used in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Complicated skin and soft tissue infections
- Bone and joint infections
- Hospital acquired pneumonia
- Community acquired pneumonia
- Complicated urinary tract infections
- Infective endocarditis
- Peritonitis associated with continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD)
- Antibiotic prophylaxis related to surgery or IV catheter insertion.
Moderate infections: One TEICOS Injection by IV on the first day.
Severe infections: One TEICOS Injection by IV every 12 hours for the first three doses.