Millions of people are injured or killed every year due to inadequate response. Emergency is a serious or unexpected condition can occur any time, anywhere. 90% of people life’s are saved by common people like you simply by taking immediate action with appropriate techniques, considerably reduce deaths.
First aid is one of the simple basics health care and support given to any person who is injured and to preserve their life from being worsen. It provide initial support in a serious condition to a person prior to any professional medical support like admitting him into hospital etc and improve the chances of survival.
First aid provide complete treatment for minor conditions like apply plasters to a cut, etc. It is generally performed by lay man. First aid knowledge should be given to everybody to respond properly in an emergency.
World First aid day every year occur on second Saturday in September. This day is celebrated as to raise public awareness how first aid can save lives by increasing the knowledge about first aid. World first aid day was introduced in the year 2000 by IFRC (International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies).
First Aid Tips to learn some basic First Aid Skills
- Person is having heart attack?
- Make sure they are in a sitting position leaning against wall or chair.
- The person may have crushing chest pin, sweating, breathlessness, itchy eyes, dry skin.
- Give them constant reassurance while waiting for ambulance.
- Person have broken arms or leg?
- To support broken part items can be used are ice cubes, clothing, blankets.
- Person is unconscious and feel breathless?
- The delivery of chest compression.
- Place the person on their side and tilt their head back.
- Push firmly downwards in the middle the chest and release.
- Push at regular rate untill help arrives.
- Call your local emergency number and ask for immediate help
- Keep looking for snack and water.
- Person is choking?
- The delivery of back blows.
- Hit firmly at back between the shoulder blades to remove the object.
- Person is bleeding heavily?
- Put pressure on the wound with whatever to stop or slow down the flow of blood.
- Keep pressure on the wound till help arrives.
Person is burnt?
- Cool the affected area for at least 10 minutes
- Loosely cover the burns with cling film or a clean plastic bags.
- Emergency Call for help
Person is having seizure (epilepsy)?
- Make them safe and prevent injury.
- Do not restrain them, prevent their head from injury by use of clothing or blanket.
- After seizure, help person to rest by their head tilted back.
Person is having diabetes?
- Give them something sweet to drink or eat
Person got asthma attack?
- Help person to sit comfortably and to take their medicines
- Take a person to doctor, to prevent person from second attack.
Person took poison or harmful substances?
- Establish what they have taken, when and how much taken.
- As soon as call doctor or take person to hospital
- Keep the person conscious
Person having head injury?
- Ask them to rest and apply a cold compression to injured area.
- If the person feel drowsy, call an emergency.
12. Person having nose bleed?
- Make a person sit upright, but do not tilt his head
- Loose any tight cloth specially around neck.
- Call for a doctor immediately
An ideal First Aid Kits
- Pair of gloves
- Sterilize cotton, bandages, crepe bandages
- Antibiotics, fever, muscle relieving medicines
- Hard rule like substance, clothes to support during fracture.
- Hospitals and emergency number
- Road maps of near hospitals
Our Related Brands
- Clobetasol Proprionate 0.05% + Micanozole 2% Cream
- Clotrimazole 1% + Neomycin 0.5% + Beclomethasone Dipropionate 0.025% Cream
- Aceclofenac 100mg + Paracetamol 325mg Tablets
- Levocetirizine 5mg + Monteleukast 10mg Tablets
- Levocetirizine 2.5mg + Monteleukast 4mg Syrup
- Domperidone 1mg/ml Suspension
- Rabeprazole Sodium 20mg Tablets & Injections
- Pantoprazole 40mg Tablets & Injections
- Diclofenac Sodium 1% + Linseed Oil 3% + Methyl Salicylate 10% + Menthol 5% Gel