(Ceftazidime 1g Injection)
GLIFEST Injection contains Ceftazidime. Ceftazidime is one of the few in Cephalosporin class with activity against Pseudomonas. Ceftazidime is at least equally effective and safe. Ceftazidime is primarily for infections proved or strongly suspected to be caused by P aeruginosa or other related bacteria like Burkholderia cepacia and B pseudomallei. There are no age restrictions for ceftazidime sodium.
Ceftazidime, a third generation Cephalosporin antibiotic.
GLIFEST Injection can be used in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Lower respiratory tract infections
- Skin and skin structure infections
- Urinary tract infections
- Bacterial septicemia
- Bone and joint infections
- Gynecologic infections
- Intra abdominal infections (including peritonitis)
- Central nervous system infections (including meningitis).
1-2 GLIFEST Injections by IV or IM, every 8-12 hours, or as directed by Physician
Ceftazidime inhibits cell wall synthesis via affinity for penicillin-binding proteins (PBPs).