(Meropenem 1g Injection)
MERONIS Injection contains Meropenem. Meropenem has an excellent penetration in abdominal tissues, bile, blister fluid, inflammatory exudate, cerebrospinal fluid (in the presence of inflammation), gynecologic tissues, respiratory tract tissues, and urinary tract tissues.
Meropenem is a broad-spectrum carbapenem antibiotic.
MERONIS Injection can be used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Bacterial meningitis in children (US FDA)
- Complicated skin and skin-structure infections in adults and children (US FDA)
- Serious intra-abdominal infections in adults and children. (US FDA)
- Bone, and joint infections
- Serious gastrointestinal infections
- Febrile neutropenia
- Nosocomial pneumonia
- Cystic fibrosis-associated respiratory infections
- Serious urinary tract infections.
Adults: One MERONIS Injection every 8 hours, usually given by intravenous infusion over approximately 15 to 30 minutes, or as directed by Physician.
Meropenem causes inhibition of cell wall synthesis. Meropenem readily penetrates the cell wall of most Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria to reach penicillin-binding- protein (PBP) targets. It has strongest affinities towards PBPs 2, 3 and 4 of Escherichia coli and Pseudomonas aeruginosa; and PBPs 1, 2 and 4 of Staphylococcus aureus.