(Mecobalamin 1000 mcg Injection)
NISCOBAL Injection contains Methylcobalamin (Mecobalamin). Mecobalamin is a neurologically active form of vitamin B12. It is a cofactor in the enzyme methionine synthase, which functions to transfer methyl groups for the regeneration of methionine from homocysteine. Mecobalamin plays an important role in transmethylation as a coenzyme in the synthesis of methionine from homocysteine. The drug is well transported to nerve cell organelles, and promotes nucleic acid and protein synthesis.
NISCOBAL Injection can be used in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Peripheral and diabetic neuropathy.
- Megaloblastic anemia and vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- Beneficial for the symptoms of depression.
- Supports immune system regulation.
- Effective in neurological disorders (numbness, tingling and other symptoms).
- Nerve cell regeneration.
- Improvement of mental dysfunction in elderly.
- Elevated homocysteine levels.
- Supportive treatment in HIV.