(Amoxicillin + Clavulanate Potassium 625 mg Tablets)
NISMENTIN Tablets, Injections and Dry Syrup contains Amoxycillinand Clavulanic acid. Co-amoxiclav results in increased spectrum of action and restored efficacy against amoxicillin-resistant bacteria that produce β-lactamase. It is the mainstay of treatment for ear infections and acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis (AECB).
Amoxicillin belongs to the class of penicillins, and Clavulanic Acid is a beta-lactamase inhibitor.
NISMENTIN Tablets, Injections and Dry Syrup can be used in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Acute Exacerbations of Chronic Bronchitis (AECB)
- Acute bacterial sinusitis
- Acute otitis media
- Community acquired pneumonia
- Cystitis and Pyelonephritis
- Skin and soft tissue infections in particular cellulitis, animal bites, severe dental abscess with spreading cellulitis
- Bone and joint infections, in particular osteomyelitis
Parenteral: One NISMENTIN Injection thrice daily. In more serious infections, increase frequency to 6 hourly intervals.
Children (3 months to 12yrs)-
30 mg/kg/day of NISMENTIN Dry Syrup. In more serious infections, increase frequency to 6 hourly, or as directed by Physician.
Clavulanic Acid binds and irreversibly inhibits the beta-lactamase resulting in a restoration of the antimicrobial activity of Amoxicillin against lactamase-secreting-resistant bacteria.