(Aztreonam 1g Injection)
CEFUNIS Tablets contains Cefuroxime Axetil. Cefuroxime is more effective in bronchitis, tonsillopharyngitis and uncomplicated urinary tract infections.
Aztreonam belongs to the class of monobactams beta- lactam antibiotic.
NISTREO Injection can be used in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Skin and soft tissue infection.
- Urinary tract infection.
- Intra abdominal infection.
- Respiratory tract infection.
- Adjuvant therapy to surgery caused by susceptible organisms.
- Uncomplicated Gonorrhea.
- Gynecologic and obstetric infection.
Aztreonam cause the inhibition of bacterial cell wall synthesis due to its high affinity for penicillin binding protein 3 (PBP3). By binding to PBP3, Aztreonam inhibits the third and last stage of bacterial cell wall synthesis. Cell lysis is then mediated by bacterial cell wall autolytic enzymes such as autolysins.