(Ofloxacin 200 mg Tablets)
OFNIS-200 Tablets contains Ofloxacin. Ofloxacin is a quinolone/fluoroquinolone antibiotic. Notably the drug has 100 times higher affinity for bacterial DNA gyrase. Ofloxacin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that is active against both Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria.
Ofloxacin belongs to the class of quinoline carboxylic acids.
OFNIS-200 Tablets can be used in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Acute bacterial exacerbation of chronic bronchitis
- Community-acquired pneumonia
- Acute pelvic inflammatory disease (PID)
- Uncomplicated skin and skin structure
- Acute, uncomplicated cervical and urethral gonorrhea, urethritis, cervicitis, uncomplicated cystitis, complicated UTIs, prostatitis.
1-2 OFNIS-200 Tablets every 12 hours for 7-14 days, or as directed by Physician.
Ofloxacin acts on DNA gyrase and toposiomerase IV. Topoisomerase, prevents the excessive supercoiling of DNA during replication or transcription. By inhibiting their function, the drug thereby inhibits normal cell division.