(Clindamycin 600 mg/ml Injection)
PATHOCLIN Injection contains Clindamycin which is similar to and a derivative of lincomycin. It binds primarily to the 23s RNA subunit. Clindamycin may be bacteriostatic or bactericidal depending on the organism and drug concentration.
Clindamycin is a semisynthetic lincosamide antibiotic.
It is an antibacterial.
PATHOCLIN Injection can be used in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Skin and soft tissue infections
- Respiratory tract infections
- Gynecological infections
- Intra-abdominal infections
- Bone and joint infections
- Treatment of toxoplasmosis, diabetic foot ulcer, dental care and surgical procedure.
In serious infections due to aerobic gram-positive cocci and anaerobes, one PATHOCLIN Injection daily in 2-4 equal doses.
In severe infections due to Bacteroides fragilis, streptococcus sp., one PATHOCLIN Injection in 6-8 hours for 6 weeks.
Clindamycin inhibits bacterial protein synthesis by binding to bacterial 50S ribosomal subunits.