TELTRON-H Tablets contains Telmisartan and Hydrochlorothiazide. Telmisartan is not a prodrug and has a longer terminal elimination half-life than other commercially available sartans. Hydrochlorothiazide treats fluid retention (edema) and is useful in hypertension.
The combination is more effective than each agent alone at lowering BP and helps achieve target BP.
Telmisartan is an Angiotensin II antagonist acting on the AT1 receptor subtype, and Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic.
TELTRON-H Tablets can be used in the treatment of Hypertension.
- Coronary heart disease (CHD)
- To reduce the risk of myocardial infarction (MI), stroke, angina, and revascularization procedures.
- To reduce the risk of cardiovascular events in patients with acute coronary syndrome (ACS).
- Primary hypercholesterolemia and mixed dyslipidemia
- Homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia
- Primary dysbetalipoproteinemia, and/or hypertriglyeridemia as an adjunct to dietary therapy
One TELTRON-H Tablet daily with or without food. Blood pressure response is dose related.
Telmisartan blocks the vasoconstrictor and aldosterone-secreting effects of angiotensin II by selectively blocking the binding of angiotensin II to the AT1 receptor in many tissues, such as vascular smooth muscle and the adrenal gland. Hydrochlorothiazide is a thiazide diuretic. It works by blocking salt and fluid reabsorption in the kidneys, causing an increased amount of urine containing salt (diuresis).