Overview of Methylcobalamin + Folic Acid + Pyridoxine + DHA Capsules:
FOLIFEM-D Capsule contains Methylcobalamin 1500mcg + Folic Acid 5mg + Pyridoxine 1.5mg + DHA.
Vitamin B Complex is water-soluble vitamins. Methylcobalamin (Vitamin B12) is a more bioavailable form and a crucial nutrient for foetal development. It is essential for its role in DNA and methionine synthesis which is an essential amino acid and has been shown to reduce the risk of neural tube defects (NTDs). Folic Acid supplementation during periconception protects against fetal structural anomalies, including NTD and congenital heart defects. It may also protect against preterm birth. DHA supplementation can reduce early preterm and very-low birth weight. It also plays a crucial role in the growth and development of the central nervous system, as well as visual functioning in infants. Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) is used to treat nausea and vomiting in early pregnancy.
- Prevention of neural tube defect.
- Nutritional support to women in preconception and during pregnancy.
- Prophylaxis of hyperhomocysteinemia.
- Helpful in postmenopausal women who have metabolic syndrome
- For the reduction of early preterm and very-low birth weight.