Overview of Atorvastatin Tablets:
NOCLOGER Tablets contains Atorvastatin. By decreasing LDL-C and TG and increasing HDL-C, atorvastatin reduces the risk of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality. Atorvastatin has a unique structure, long half-life, and hepatic selectivity, explaining its greater LDL-lowering potency compared to other HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors.
- Primary hypercholesterolemia and mixed dyslipidemia.
- Primary dysbetalipoproteinemia who do not respond adequately to diet.
- Elevated serum TG levels .
- Homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia as an adjunct to other lipid-lowering treatments (e.g., LDL apheresis) or if such treatments are unavailable.
- Reducing the risk of myocardial infarction, angina, stroke, revacularization procedures and hospitalization.
Heterozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia in Pediatric Patients (10-17 yrs of age): 10 mg NOCLOGER Tablet daily. The maximum recommended dose is 20 mg/day.
Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia: 10mg to 80mg daily.
Concomitant Lipid-Lowering Therapy: It may be used with bile acid resins.